As the world continues to face the crisis with the Covid-19 pandemic, our office has taken all the precautions mandated by Public Health and our dental regulatory bodies. We have always been vigilant about cleaning and disinfecting the office and we will now have additional steps due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To keep you and our team safe, we implemented new measures at the beginning of the pandemic of the highest standard, well above what is required:
- We added plexiglass in the reception area.
- We are limiting the number of patients allowed in the clinic at a given time.
- We use a closed room and additional PPE such as gowns, head caps and KN95 masks for all procedures.
- We have modified our clinical procedures to limit the amount of aerosol.
In order to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, please review the following list prior to your appointment.
- Our office will call to schedule your appointment and to complete the mandatory pre-screening for COVID-19. We will then be confirming those questions again on the day of your appointment.
- We ask you to call us to let us know of any changes in your health before your appointment.
- Please come wearing a mask or a face covering.
- As part of our social distancing procedure, we ask that you call us from your car once you have arrived in the parking lot (519-601-8787). We will call you back when your treatment room is ready.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter and leave the office. You will also find more pumps around the office to use as needed.
- You will also notice that we no longer offer magazines at the waiting area.
- We will perform a touchless temperature check before your appointment. If your temperature reading is above 38 degrees, we will reschedule your appointment.
- We ask patients to enter the office unaccompanied if possible. For those patients who need a guardian/companion to accompany them, we ask that it be limited to one person.
- We will ask that you rinse with 1-2% Hydrogen Peroxide for 1 minute depending on the procedure.
- Please let us know if you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of your appointment.
- Please let us know if you have travelled overseas or left the Province of Ontario within 14 days of your appointment.
Thank you in advance for your continuous patience and understanding with the implementation of our safety procedures. We are all in this together and we look forward to seeing you.