As the world faces a crisis with the Covid-19 pandemic, our office has taken all the precautions mandated by Public Health and our Dental Regulatory bodies. As you know, we have always been vigilant about cleaning and disinfecting the office and we will now have additional steps due to COVID-19. To keep you and our team safe, we have made the decision to implement new measures of the highest standard, well above what is required. Here are some of the changes that you can expect:
- We have added plexiglass in the reception area and in the main clinic area.
- We will be significantly limiting the number of patients allowed in the clinic at a given time.
- We will be using a sealed room and additional PPE such as gowns and KN95 masks for any procedures that can generate aerosol.
- We have modified our clinical procedures to limit the amount of aerosol.
In order to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, please review the following list prior to your appointment.
- Our office will call to schedule your appointment and to complete the mandatory pre-screening for COVID-19. We will then be confirming those questions again on the day of your appointment. Please call to let us know of any changes in your health before your appointment.
- Please come wearing a mask or a face covering.
- As part of our social distancing procedure, we ask that you call us from your car once you have arrived in the parking lot (519-6018787). We will call you back when your treatment room is ready.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter and leave the office. You will also find more pumps around the office to use as needed.
- You will also notice that we no longer offer magazines at the waiting area.
- We will perform a touchless temperature check before your appointment. If your temperature reading is above 38 degrees, we will reschedule your appointment.
- We ask patients to enter the office unaccompanied if possible. For those patients who need a guardian/companion to accompany them, we ask that it be limited to one person.
- We will ask that you rinse with 1-2% Hydrogen Peroxide for 1 minute depending on the procedure.
- Please let us know if you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of your appointment.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding with the implementation of the “new normal” procedures. We are all in this together and we look forward to seeing you.
Dr. Cecilia Aragon and staff.
A few words about us
Dr. Cecilia Aragon
Dr. Aragon was born in Lima, Peru, where she was awarded her DDS degree in 1997. She completed a one year internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Michigan in June of 2001. In 2001, she moved to the South where she received additional training and received a master’s degree and a certificate in Prosthodontics from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She moved to Canada in 2004 to join the Prosthodontics Faculty at the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry as an Assistant Professor.
Dr. Aragon started to practice at the London Health Science Centre in 2006, where to this date she continues to treat medically compromised patients and rehabilitates the dentition of patients who suffered from oral cancer. In July of 2011, Dr. Aragon opened her own practice in London, Ontario. In this brand new facility she provides high quality restorative dental care to the London and surrounding communities.
Dr. Aragon is a published researcher and an adjunct reviewer of different dental journals. She continues her involvement with education at the undergraduate and graduate level at Western University and at the U. of Toronto. She is a member of various different professional organizations, including the Ontario Dental Association, the Canadian Dental Association, the Association of Prosthodontists of Canada and the American College of Prosthodontics. She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the American Board of Prosthodontics.
She loves to travel with her husband and her 2 children Catalina and Horacio.In her spare time, Dr. Aragon loves to cook and go hiking with family and friends.
Dr. Cecilia Dong
Dr. Dong is a board-certified prosthodontist born and educated in Canada. She completed a two-year pre-dentistry program at Brandon University, was awarded a DMD degree and a BSc(Dent) degree from the University of Manitoba in 1996, practiced general dentistry in Brandon, Manitoba, and was awarded a MSc(Prosthodontics) degree from the University of Toronto in 2001. She was recruited back to the University of Manitoba to begin her career as a dental educator, researcher, prosthodontist, and dental consultant. Here she achieved the rank of Associate Professor with tenure. She was a part-time dental consultant at CancerCare Manitoba and conducted a chart review study on patient-reported symptoms from oral cancer patients.
Dr. Dong joined the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry in August 2019. A full-time prosthodontics role at the dental school consists of teaching dental students, continuing to pursue grant-funded research, and an opportunity for part- time private practice at Aragon Prosthodontics. Dr. Dong is passionate about utilizing her clinical expertise to provide high quality dental care to patients and guiding dental students to develop skills to do the same. She is the Dentistry Lead for Interprofessional Education at Western University which naturally aligns with her goals to contribute to optimizing student experiences and patient care.
Highlights of her volunteer experiences include participating in an all-dentist musical production of Guys and Dolls in 2013 to raise money for head and neck cancer patient treatment, a dental humanitarian mission to the Philippines in December 2014, and providing free oral cancer screenings at organized events.
Another side of Dr. Dong is her love of food and sharing her baking with friends. Her tiramisu is to die for!
She has been a reviewer for several dental journals and served as an examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. Dr. Dong is a member of the Ontario Dental Association, Canadian Dental Association, Association of Prosthodontists of Canada, and American College of Prosthodontics.
She is a soccer and volleyball mom. Her main hobbies are to take walks with her pug Bingo and cooking for family and friends. Jane is fluent in Japanese and Spanish.